Pioneer Women’s Ministries engages women in Christ-centered discipleship, fellowship and service to glorify God through prayerfully planned activities and events. We are inviting you to participate in a survey that will help plan these activities and events this year. We would be delighted to hear from you either by completing the online survey or by phone by calling Lyn McCarty at 269-208-3377.
I Will Do a New Thing
The Promise: I Will Do a New Thing
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Promise: ‘I Will Do a New Thing’”
□ The Plot
Daniel Burnham, Chicago architect: “Make no small plans, for they do not contain the magic to stir men’s souls.”
□ The Promise
- Isaiah 43:19-21
- Water = Floods = My Spirit = My Blessing
- Water = Rivers = Holy Spirit = Blessing
- Desire of Ages: “Only to those who wait humbly upon God, who watch for His guidance and grace, is the Spirit given. The power of God awaits their demand and reception. This promised blessing, claimed by faith, brings all other blessings in its train. It is given according to the riches of the grace of Christ, and He is ready to supply every soul according to the capacity to receive.” (672 emphasis supplied)
- Ron Clouzet: “Admittedly, in the vast areas of the western world, we are a church in decline. Our preoccupation for the things of the world, and our searing blindness to our true condition, have made of us—who have talent, resources, and much history in Jesus—a puny spiritual people. We really are terminally ill, but little do we know it. We’ve been medicating for so long that we don’t know what health is like any more. . . . What we desperately need is a double dose of spiritual aid—a revelation of the character of Christ and a thorough baptism of the Spirit.” (Adventism’s Greatest Need 184)
□ The Proposal
“If you will find voice and time to pray, God will find time and voice to answer.”
Would you be willing to join me in praying every day this summer for God to
fulfill His promise to do “a new thing” in our midst this coming school year?
Would you be willing to daily ask Him to begin His “new thing” by pouring out His Spirit on you?
Pray His Promise
It's a fresh new year, and it's time for a fresh new Grow Groups season! Grow Groups are Pioneer's small groups that incorporate 5 S's: Shared interest, Spiritual touchpoint, Service project, Social event, Semester-based. That's it, in a nutshell! Grow Groups are for EVERYONE—all welcome to join.
Leaders, if you are passionate about something and want to use that to foster community and lead others to Jesus, we can probably help you turn that passion into a Grow Group! Let us know as soon as possible because the deadline to sign up to lead a group is January 21. For more information please email email@example.com or visit pmchurch.org/grow to sign up.
Dates to Keep in Mind:
- Digital Group Leader Registration Deadline: January 21
- Leader Orientation (via Zoom): February 1, 7:00 PM
- Spring Grow Groups Meet: February 7 – May 1
It is almost time for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. Pioneer knows that you have had an unusual year and wants to make it easy for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. This time around, you will receive your Contribution Statement easily and conveniently via email. If you have not recently updated your contact details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your current email address to ensure that you receive your statement. Thank you!
"Military life can be a lonely life away from family on deployment," notes James North, Pioneer's Servicepersons Coordinator. "Military families may have a difficult time in a foreign country even though they are together," he continues. "I spent 358 days (I marked each day on a self-created calendar) in Viet Nam away from my wife and 3 toddler daughters. My access to some of the following material was vital."
SDA military persons may receive complimentary subscriptions to Adventist Review, the Adult Bible Study Guide (Sabbath School), and For God and Country and the choice of 2 journals from Guide, Liberty, Message, Our Little Friend, Primary Treasure, Signs of the Times, and Vibrant Life.
A 2021 order form and instructions are found on page 28 of the current issue of For God and Country and I will post a copy of the form in next week's bulletin. If you have military Adventist family members we invite you to send this information to them.