Beginning on Wednesday (7PM), August 17, House of Prayer/PM will slowly climb the summit of the Bible, Romans chapter 8. It will be a simple word by word reflection. Through discussion and meditation you’re invited to recover and revisit the heart of the gospel, the heart of God. Join the conversation and prayers in the youth chapel any Wednesday you’re free.
I Will Do a New Thing
The Purpose: I Will Do a New Thing
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Purpose: ‘I Will Do a New Thing’”
□ A Text Message and a Story
- The story of Pavel—Ron Clouzet, Adventism’s Greatest Need: The Outpouring of the Holy Spirit
- 3 Key Ingredients to Transformational Revival:
□ Isaiah 43:19, 44:3
God’s “new thing”: “I will pour out My on your .”
□ Isaiah 62:6, 7
- New Living Translation: “O Jerusalem, I have posted watchmen on your walls; they will pray to the LORD day and night for the fulfillment of his promises. Take no , all you who pray. Give the LORD no until he makes Jerusalem the object of praise throughout the earth.”
The Voice: “Tirelessly God—give Him no rest—until He reestablishes Jerusalem and makes it worthy of praise throughout the whole world.”
- “Jerusalem” = Zion = people of God OT = church NT “called out ones”
- “Watchmen” = people who make an extraordinary commitment to pray on behalf of the community of faith = intercessors of the first degree = anonymous and often unrecognized = who demonstrate before God a D-U-E uncommon but not unrewarded = for God names them as the spiritual sentinels of His people.
- But we cannot defer to them our own divine calling to experience D-U-E.
Mark Batterson: “Desperate times call for desperate measures, and there is no more
desperate act than praying . There comes a moment when you need to throw caution to the wind and draw a circle in the sand. There comes a moment when you need to defy protocol, drop to your knees, and pray for the . There comes a moment when you need to muster every ounce of faith you have and call down from heaven.” (The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears 84)
- Thus our “preseason of prayer” counting down to the new year on this campus.
- Christ’s Object Lessons: “ [D-U-E] for the Holy Spirit. God stands back of every promise He has made [Isaiah 43:19; 44:3]. With your Bible in your hands say, I have done as Thou hast said. I present Thy promise, ‘Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.’ . . . When with earnestness and intensity [D-U-E] we breathe a prayer in the name of Christ, there is in that very intensity a pledge from God that He is about to answer our prayer ‘exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think.’ Ephesians 3:20.” (147)
- BONUS PROMISE: “The more earnestly and steadfastly we ask, the will be our spiritual union with Christ. We shall receive increased blessings because we have increased faith.” (Christ’s Object Lessons 146)
- The story of James A. Stewart and a revival in Europe
Will you join me in D-U-E praying in this preseason of prayer?
Isn’t D-U-E due now?
There will be fellowship dinner this Sabbath following second service in the Commons on the lower level. Visitors are welcome.
Christian Record Services
John 6:12 “When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.” Christian Record Services, Inc. is a ministry of compassion of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to children and adults who are blind, with nearly 18,000 members throughout the United States and in countries around the world.
Christian Record offers an array of services and programs, including: Bible study lessons, books, magazines and Bibles in audio, Braille and large print from a library of more than 2,000 titles. Members also have the opportunity to deepen social, educational, and spiritual connections through PhoneFaith, scholarships for higher education, and National Camps for Blind Children. These services and programs are free of charge to people who are legally blind; your offerings will help further the mission to empower people who are blind to engage their communities and embrace the Blessed Hope.
—North American Division Stewardship Ministries
All Adventist Seniors of Michiana (ASM) are invited to our exciting outdoor Corn Roast at The Grove on the AU campus on Sunday, August 14, from 1 to 3 PM. Will you kindly bring a salad to share with all? The ASM organization will provide roasted corn, watermelon and brownies. Please bring your final contribution to our current Haiti Mission project, checks made out to ADRA. See you there!
Eric Webster, ASM President
Summer is rapidly coming to an end, and soon it will be time for Fall Grow Groups! Right now we’re looking for dedicated individuals who are excited to share their passions and grow their faith by leading small groups. Fall Grow Groups will meet September 18-December 10, 2022. If you’re interested in leading, text LEAD to 269-281-2345 or visit pmchurch.org/grow. The deadline to register a group is August 20. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
For those who are interested: It is time to register and get signed up for the Jr. Cardinals basketball program through the Berrien Springs Partnership Program.
Registration will be open July 31 at 6 pm through August 14 at midnight. Here is the link: https://www.berrienspringspartnership.com/
Cost of the Jr. Cardinals basketball program this year:
Varsity - $700
Jr. Varsity - $500
Redbirds (middle school) - $350
For those who wish to take advantage of this amazing opportunity and avoid the cost of the program, register for the fall and spring session of the Berrien Springs Partnership.
You may choose to self pay the cost if you wish.
Tryout dates are not set yet. We will communicate the dates when we have them. If you aren't sure if you will make the team or not, please sign up through the Partnership anyway - it will be great basketball instruction either way!
Would you like to be a blessing to someone during difficult times? Sign up to be placed on the list to donate food for funeral receptions. This is an easy way to share and such a blessing for the families. Call the church office at 269-471-3133 (Heidi Ha) with your name and phone number or email them to email@example.com.
Future Family DVD series with Andy Stanley Family. We all have one. While some of us loved our "growin up" years, others of us couldn't wait to move out and start fresh. Either way, we want our Future Family to be a step up from our families of origin. Most of us want something better for our children.
July 23--Ideally Speaking
July 30--Power Down
August 6--Common Cause
August 13--All the Fixin's
August 20--Our Way, A Way
August 27--The Echo
Come join us in PMC room 141
Register now for an uplifting and spirit-filled weekend at Camp au Sable. The annual District Nine Family Camp is Labor Day weekend, September 2-5, 2022. Application materials can be found at http://districtnine.wix.com/home.