The February 27, 2021 offering is for Michigan Advance Partners (MAP). This is the Michigan Conference offering taken up on the fourth Sabbath of every month. This requested MAP offering is separate from and above and beyond our regular Tithe offering and the separate "Combined Budget" offering for our local church expense. The MAP offering has been a most important Michigan Conference offering since 1978 when leading laymen recognized a financial need at Conference level and established the Michigan Conference Lay Advisory Program. MAP funds support a variety of key Conference programs such as Evangelism, Camp Au Sable, Camp Meeting, Education equipment, Great Lakes Adventist Academy, "Project Assist" for our secondary students attending our Michigan academies, and Special Projects. Recently Renovate at PMC was one of these special projects. The requested and hoped-for goal for MAP contributions is for each Michigan family giving unit to contribute one percent (1%) of income earmarked specifically for Michigan Advance Partners. Currently, Conference-wide we raise just 30% of that goal. If every member in Michigan would regularly commit to a MAP offering 1% of income, instead of the $800,000 per year we now raise, we would be receiving three million dollars! This would vitally enable the Michigan Conference to do even more to support the spread of the gospel in this beautiful corner of God's vineyard!
Stories in the Rearview Mirror
Go BIG or Go Home
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Stories in the Rearview Mirror:
Why I Believe It’s Time to Go BIG or Go Home”
- John Nevins Andrews
- The “young man” in the dream: “The cities and villages constitute a part of the Lord’s vineyard. They must hear the messages of warning. . . . You are to sow beside waters. . . . You are entertaining too ideas of the work for this time. You are trying to plan the work so that you can embrace it in your arms. You must take broader views. Your light must not be put under a bushel or under a bed, but on a candlestick, that it may give light to all that are in the house. Your house is the .” (Ellen White, Life Sketches 208, 209)
- Mervyn Maxwell: “On August 14, 1874, the General Conference responded at last. Under the flapping canvas of a camp-meeting tent [in Battle Creek, Michigan] the historic action was voted that officially moved Adventism out of North America: ‘Resolved, That the General Conference . . . instruct the Executive Committee to send Eld. J. N. Andrews to Switzerland as soon as practicable.’” (Moving Out 132)
- Revelation 14:6-7, 14
- Matthew 28:18-20
- And You
- David Platt: “Every person this side of heaven owes the gospel to every person this side of hell. We owe Christ to the world—to the least person and to the greatest person, to the richest person and to the poorest person, to the best person and to the worst person. We are in to the nations.” (Radical 74)
- David Platt: “This is a cause worth living for. It is a cause worth dying for. It is a cause worthy of moving urgently on. We have the [everlasting] gospel of Christ in us, and we do not have time to waste. Some wonder if it is unfair for God to allow so many to have no knowledge of the gospel. There is no injustice in God. The injustice lies in Christians who possess the gospel and refuse to give their lives to making it known among those who haven’t heard. That is .” (159)
- Ellen White: “God’s faithful people have always been missionaries, consecrating their resources to the honor of His name and wisely using their talents in His service.” (Acts of the Apostles 109)
- Ellen White: “Not upon the ordained minister only rests the responsibility of going forth to fulfill this commission. who has received Christ is called to work for the salvation of [their] fellow men [and women].” (110)
- Ellen White: “Long has God waited for the spirit of service to take possession of the whole church so that shall be working for Him according to his ability. When the members of the church of God do their appointed work in the needy fields at home and abroad, in fulfillment of the gospel commission, the whole world will soon be warned and the Lord Jesus will return to this earth with power and great glory.” (111)
- John Nevins Andrews: “I know of only one way: Find a field of labor, ask God to help, take off your coat, and pitch into the work.”
Go BIG or Go Home
Children's Worship is back! Join Rich Aguilera for a fun, action-packed, special worship time for kids and families! This is free and open to all. Kids must be accompanied by an adult. Please wear a mask and social distance as labeled on the pews.
Saturday, February 27 at 6:00 PM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church Sanctuary
Route 2 Raise is an eight-week fundraising challenge that begins Feb. 21, 2021, and runs through April 16, 2021. You can participate by either donating a dollar or finding a sponsor to donate a dollar on your behalf for every mile. You accumulate mileage by wheelchair, walking, jogging, or running. The funds raised in this Route 2 Raise activity will go directly to the Student Life COVID-19 Emergency Fund, assisting Andrews students in need, with heating bills, food, and other necessities. We welcome everyone to participate, local or distant, student, faculty, and families. All are welcome as we promote health and support our fellow students! Additional information for details of how to give will be provided soon.
See the University Faith App or www.andrews.edu/go/wellbeing
In this 2021 Devotional, Jesus Name Above All Names, Ellen White uses 840 names to introduce Jesus. Pioneer member, John Rorabeck, has prepared an index to this devotional that you might find useful.
"Father in Heaven, we ask Your grace and protection for Pioneer's servicepeople and those around the world who serve. Military service and war are part of life on planet earth. Give wisdom to our leaders and come soon to bring us eternal peace."