Pioneer Women’s Ministries engages women in Christ-centered discipleship, fellowship and service to glorify God through prayerfully planned activities and events. We are inviting you to participate in a survey that will help plan these activities and events this year. We would be delighted to hear from you either by completing the online survey or by phone by calling Lyn McCarty at 269-208-3377.
"Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat:"
How to Find Healing for Our Deepest Relationships
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat:
How to Heal Our Deepest Relationships”—1
- Genesis 37
- Carlye B. Haynes: “It was foolish of his father to place Joseph in a post of superintendency, but being in that place made Joseph responsible to their father for an account of their behavior.” (God Sent a Man 29)
- Carlye B. Haynes: “It was such a robe as was worn only by the opulent and the noble, by kings’ sons, and particularly by those who had no need to toil for their living. In short, it was the garment of a prince. It was given to Joseph for the purpose of marking his superiority, of making a distinction between him and his more rude brothers. No wonder they bore a grudge against him!” (God Sent a Man 28)
- Terri Fivash (Calkins), Joseph, 22
- Parallels between Joseph and Jesus
- The Son (Gen 37:3/Matt 3:17)
- The Son (Gen 37:5-11/Phil 2:10-11)
- The Son (Gen 37:12/Ps 40:7-8; Heb 10:5-10)
- The Son (Gen 37:4-5/Matt 21:38-39)
- The Son (Gen 37:26/Rev 5:5)
- The Son (Gen 37:28/Matt 27:3-4)
- The Son (Gen 37:31-15/Rev 5:9; 19:13)
- Patriarchs and Prophets: “The life of Joseph illustrates the life of Christ. . . . Joseph, through his bondage in Egypt, became a to his father’s family.” (239)
- For only the Savior has a .
- Revelation 19:13—“He [the returning Christ] is dressed in a .
- Isaiah 53:6—“By His we are healed.”
- 1 Peter 2:24—“He himself bore our in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.”
- The healing always begins with the .
- Frederick Buechner: “Turn around and believe that the good news that we are loved is gooder than we ever dared hope, and that to believe in that good news, to live out of it and toward it, to be in love with the good news, is of all glad things in this world the gladdest of all.” (In Philip Yancey, Vanishing Grace, 70)
And the healing always begins with the blood.
It's a fresh new year, and it's time for a fresh new Grow Groups season! Grow Groups are Pioneer's small groups that incorporate 5 S's: Shared interest, Spiritual touchpoint, Service project, Social event, Semester-based. That's it, in a nutshell! Grow Groups are for EVERYONE—all welcome to join.
Leaders, if you are passionate about something and want to use that to foster community and lead others to Jesus, we can probably help you turn that passion into a Grow Group! Let us know as soon as possible because the deadline to sign up to lead a group is January 21. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit pmchurch.org/grow to sign up.
Dates to Keep in Mind:
- Digital Group Leader Registration Deadline: January 21
- Leader Orientation (via Zoom): February 1, 7:00 PM
- Spring Grow Groups Meet: February 7 – May 1
It is almost time for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. Pioneer knows that you have had an unusual year and wants to make it easy for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. This time around, you will receive your Contribution Statement easily and conveniently via email. If you have not recently updated your contact details, please email email@example.com with your current email address to ensure that you receive your statement. Thank you!
"Military life can be a lonely life away from family on deployment," notes James North, Pioneer's Servicepersons Coordinator. "Military families may have a difficult time in a foreign country even though they are together," he continues. "I spent 358 days (I marked each day on a self-created calendar) in Viet Nam away from my wife and 3 toddler daughters. My access to some of the following material was vital."
SDA military persons may receive complimentary subscriptions to Adventist Review, the Adult Bible Study Guide (Sabbath School), and For God and Country and the choice of 2 journals from Guide, Liberty, Message, Our Little Friend, Primary Treasure, Signs of the Times, and Vibrant Life.
A 2021 order form and instructions are found on page 28 of the current issue of For God and Country and I will post a copy of the form in next week's bulletin. If you have military Adventist family members we invite you to send this information to them.