Beginning on Wednesday (7PM), August 17, House of Prayer/PM will slowly climb the summit of the Bible, Romans chapter 8. It will be a simple word by word reflection. Through discussion and meditation you’re invited to recover and revisit the heart of the gospel, the heart of God. Join the conversation and prayers in the youth chapel any Wednesday you’re free.
"Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat:"
Me and Mrs. Potiphar
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat: Me and Mrs. Potiphar”
- Genesis 39:1-12
- Anatomy of a Temptation:
- #1—Temptation is always .
- Oswald Chambers: “Temptation is a suggested short cut to the realization of the highest at which I aim—not towards what I understand as evil, but towards what I understand as good.” (My Utmost for His Highest 261)
- #2—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:8
- #3—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:10
- #4—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:11
- Christianity Today: “A national survey among churches . . . conducted over the past five years revealed that 68 percent of Christian men and 50 percent of pastors regularly. But even more shocking is that reported being its greatest users.” (April, 2015)
- “When a woman is nursing her child and she’s skin-to-skin with her baby, her brain releases a neurochemical called oxytocin, which emotionally bonds her to her child. The same thing happens during sex. God designed oxytocin as the glue for human bonding. During a sexual release, oxytocin, along with other neurochemicals, are released and cause us to emotionally bond with our partner. When you watch porn, powerful neurotransmitters such as dopamine are also released, which bond you to those images.” (Ibid)
- #5—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:11
- #6—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:12
- 2 Timothy 2:22—“ also youthful lusts, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a heart.”
- Joseph ; David .
- 1 Corinthians 10:13—“No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to mankind; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but will with the temptation also make the way of , that you may be able to bear it.”
- #7—Temptation is always .
- Genesis 39:9—“How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against .”
- Psalm 51:1-4—“Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love. . . . Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. . . . Against have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight.”
- Whatever you do sexually, you do of God.
- Timothy Keller: “Instead of telling [urban dwellers] they are sinning because they are sleeping with their girlfriends or boyfriends, I tell them that they are sinning because they are looking to their romances to give their lives meaning, to justify and save them, to give them what they should be looking for from God. This idolatry leads to anxiety, obsessiveness, envy, and resentment. I have found that when you describe their lives in terms of idolatry, postmodern people do not give much resistance. Then Christ and his salvation can be presented not (at this point) so much as their only hope for forgiveness, but as their only hope for freedom.” (Quoted in Philip Yancey’s Vanishing Grace 79-80).
- Two Coats—One Robe
- “Therefore I counsel you to buy from me white robes to clothe you and to keep the shame of your nakedness from being seen.” (Revelation 3:18)
- #1—Temptation is always .
The robe of His grace for the rags of my guilt
There will be fellowship dinner this Sabbath following second service in the Commons on the lower level. Visitors are welcome.
Christian Record Services
John 6:12 “When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.” Christian Record Services, Inc. is a ministry of compassion of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to children and adults who are blind, with nearly 18,000 members throughout the United States and in countries around the world.
Christian Record offers an array of services and programs, including: Bible study lessons, books, magazines and Bibles in audio, Braille and large print from a library of more than 2,000 titles. Members also have the opportunity to deepen social, educational, and spiritual connections through PhoneFaith, scholarships for higher education, and National Camps for Blind Children. These services and programs are free of charge to people who are legally blind; your offerings will help further the mission to empower people who are blind to engage their communities and embrace the Blessed Hope.
—North American Division Stewardship Ministries
All Adventist Seniors of Michiana (ASM) are invited to our exciting outdoor Corn Roast at The Grove on the AU campus on Sunday, August 14, from 1 to 3 PM. Will you kindly bring a salad to share with all? The ASM organization will provide roasted corn, watermelon and brownies. Please bring your final contribution to our current Haiti Mission project, checks made out to ADRA. See you there!
Eric Webster, ASM President
Summer is rapidly coming to an end, and soon it will be time for Fall Grow Groups! Right now we’re looking for dedicated individuals who are excited to share their passions and grow their faith by leading small groups. Fall Grow Groups will meet September 18-December 10, 2022. If you’re interested in leading, text LEAD to 269-281-2345 or visit pmchurch.org/grow. The deadline to register a group is August 20. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
For those who are interested: It is time to register and get signed up for the Jr. Cardinals basketball program through the Berrien Springs Partnership Program.
Registration will be open July 31 at 6 pm through August 14 at midnight. Here is the link: https://www.berrienspringspartnership.com/
Cost of the Jr. Cardinals basketball program this year:
Varsity - $700
Jr. Varsity - $500
Redbirds (middle school) - $350
For those who wish to take advantage of this amazing opportunity and avoid the cost of the program, register for the fall and spring session of the Berrien Springs Partnership.
You may choose to self pay the cost if you wish.
Tryout dates are not set yet. We will communicate the dates when we have them. If you aren't sure if you will make the team or not, please sign up through the Partnership anyway - it will be great basketball instruction either way!
Would you like to be a blessing to someone during difficult times? Sign up to be placed on the list to donate food for funeral receptions. This is an easy way to share and such a blessing for the families. Call the church office at 269-471-3133 (Heidi Ha) with your name and phone number or email them to email@example.com.
Future Family DVD series with Andy Stanley Family. We all have one. While some of us loved our "growin up" years, others of us couldn't wait to move out and start fresh. Either way, we want our Future Family to be a step up from our families of origin. Most of us want something better for our children.
July 23--Ideally Speaking
July 30--Power Down
August 6--Common Cause
August 13--All the Fixin's
August 20--Our Way, A Way
August 27--The Echo
Come join us in PMC room 141
Register now for an uplifting and spirit-filled weekend at Camp au Sable. The annual District Nine Family Camp is Labor Day weekend, September 2-5, 2022. Application materials can be found at http://districtnine.wix.com/home.