Pioneer Women’s Ministries engages women in Christ-centered discipleship, fellowship and service to glorify God through prayerfully planned activities and events. We are inviting you to participate in a survey that will help plan these activities and events this year. We would be delighted to hear from you either by completing the online survey or by phone by calling Lyn McCarty at 269-208-3377.
The Pugwash Factor:
How to Turn Mission into Possible
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Pugwash Factor: How to Turn Mission into Possible”
- The Mission: Matthew 28:18-20/Mark 16:15/Luke 24:46, 47/John 20:21/Acts 1:8
- The Gospel: Euangellion = eu (good) + angellion (message) = “good message” “good news”
- Ellen White: “The message from God to me for you is ‘Him that cometh unto me, I will in no wise cast out’ (John 6:37). If you have nothing else to plead before God but this one promise from your Lord and Saviour, you have the assurance that you will never, never be turned away. It may seem to you that you are hanging upon a single promise, but appropriate that one promise, and it will open to you the whole treasure house of the riches of the grace of Christ. Cling to that promise and you are safe. . . . and you are as safe as though inside the city of God.” (Manuscript Releases 10:175)
- 7 Reasons for Your Life Mission:
- Reason #1—Because you were for mission.
- 2 Corinthians 5:18 TEV: “Christ changed us from enemies into his friends and gave us the of making others his friends also.”
- Steps to Christ 78: “No sooner does one come to Christ than there is born in his heart a desire to to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus; the saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart. . . . We shall seek to present to them the attractions of Christ and the unseen realities of the world to come.”
- Reason #2—Because your mission is a of Jesus’ mission on earth.
- Matthew 28:19-20 Message: “Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life. . . . I’ll be as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age.”
- Desire of Ages 340: “It is in working to spread the good news of salvation that we are brought near to the .”
- Reason #3—Because your mission is a wonderful .
- 2 Corinthians 6:1—“We are workers together with .”
- Testimonies to the Church 9:102-103: “As I have thought of that cup trembling in the hands of Christ [in Gethsemane]; as I have realized that He might have refused to drink, and left the world to perish in its sin, I have pledged that every energy of my life should be devoted to the work of to Him.”
- Reason #4—Because telling others how they can have eternal life is the you can do for them.
- Acts 4:12 NCV—“Jesus is the who can save people.”
- Desire of Ages 568: “Jesus knows the circumstances of every soul. You may say, I am sinful, very sinful. You may be; but the worse you are, the more you need Jesus. He turns no weeping, contrite one away. He does not tell to any all that He might reveal, but He bids every trembling soul take courage. Freely will He pardon who come to Him for forgiveness and restoration.”
- Reason #5—Because your mission has significance.
- John 9:4 NLT—“All of us must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the one who sent me, because there is little time left before the night falls and all work comes to .”
- Christ’s Object Lessons 197: “In this work all the of heaven are ready to co-operate. All the resources of heaven are at the command of those who are seeking to save the lost. will help you to reach the most careless and the most hardened.”
- Reason #6—Because your mission gives your life .
- Acts 20:24 NLT—“My life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work to me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about God’s wonderful kindness and love.”
- Christ’s Object Lessons 419: “It is the of every soul to be a living channel through which God can communicate to the world the treasures of His grace, the unsearchable riches of Christ.”
- Reason #7—Because God’s timetable for history’s is connected to the completion of our commission.
- Matthew 24:14 NKJV—“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then will come.”
- Desire of Ages 634: “Those who watch for the Lord’s coming are not waiting in idle expectancy. . . . With vigilant watching they combine earnest working. Because they know that the Lord the door, their zeal is quickened to co-operate with the divine intelligences in working for the salvation of souls.”
- Reason #1—Because you were for mission.
The mission in your life is to fullfill your life mission.
It's a fresh new year, and it's time for a fresh new Grow Groups season! Grow Groups are Pioneer's small groups that incorporate 5 S's: Shared interest, Spiritual touchpoint, Service project, Social event, Semester-based. That's it, in a nutshell! Grow Groups are for EVERYONE—all welcome to join.
Leaders, if you are passionate about something and want to use that to foster community and lead others to Jesus, we can probably help you turn that passion into a Grow Group! Let us know as soon as possible because the deadline to sign up to lead a group is January 21. For more information please email email@example.com or visit pmchurch.org/grow to sign up.
Dates to Keep in Mind:
- Digital Group Leader Registration Deadline: January 21
- Leader Orientation (via Zoom): February 1, 7:00 PM
- Spring Grow Groups Meet: February 7 – May 1
It is almost time for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. Pioneer knows that you have had an unusual year and wants to make it easy for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. This time around, you will receive your Contribution Statement easily and conveniently via email. If you have not recently updated your contact details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your current email address to ensure that you receive your statement. Thank you!
"Military life can be a lonely life away from family on deployment," notes James North, Pioneer's Servicepersons Coordinator. "Military families may have a difficult time in a foreign country even though they are together," he continues. "I spent 358 days (I marked each day on a self-created calendar) in Viet Nam away from my wife and 3 toddler daughters. My access to some of the following material was vital."
SDA military persons may receive complimentary subscriptions to Adventist Review, the Adult Bible Study Guide (Sabbath School), and For God and Country and the choice of 2 journals from Guide, Liberty, Message, Our Little Friend, Primary Treasure, Signs of the Times, and Vibrant Life.
A 2021 order form and instructions are found on page 28 of the current issue of For God and Country and I will post a copy of the form in next week's bulletin. If you have military Adventist family members we invite you to send this information to them.