The Junior High students from Ruth Murdoch Elementary School will hold The Tent meetings on Friday, May 13 through 22, 2022. Meetings take place every night, except Tuesday. We invite you to support our kids by watching and invite a friend or family member to watch too, so they can get to know Jesus better.
Yes Can Do
How to Live with an Attitude
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
“YES CAN DO: How to Live with an Attitude”
- Mark 16:1-6
- “Who will roll the stone away?”
- Charles Swindoll: “This may shock you, but I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my successes or failures, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances or my position. Attitude is that ‘single string’ that keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there’s no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” (https://record.adventistchurch.com/2018/02/16/why-i-dont-go-to-church)
- The magnetic North of Holy Scripture always bends its needle to YES CAN DO.
- Philippians 4:13
- “For I CAN DO all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
- 2 Corinthians 1:19-20—“For all the promises of God in Him are YES.”
- Psalm 33:6, 9—“By the word of the LORD were the heavens made, and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth. . . . For He spoke and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast.”
- David Bentley Hart: “I have strength for all things in him who gives me the power.” (New Testament Philippians 4:13)
- 2 Corinthians 1:20-22—“God has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.”
- “I CAN DO all things through the Holy Spirit who strengthens me.”
- The Upward Look: “I beseech [you] to seek now for the greatest blessing Heaven can bestow—the Holy Spirit. If in faith you seek for a greater measure of God’s Spirit, you will be constantly taking it in and breathing it out. Daily you will receive a fresh supply. Your everyday experience will be enriched by the rich current of God’s love. Before you lie vast fields of truth, vast sources of power. Let the daily prayer be, ‘Take from us what Thou dost choose to take, but withhold not Thy Holy Spirit from us.’ We must have the gift of the Holy Spirit.” (143)
- Philippians 2:5 NASB: “Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus.”
- Christ’s Object Lessons: “You need not go to the ends of the earth for wisdom, for God is near. It is not the capabilities you now possess or ever will have that will give you success. It is that which the Lord CAN DO for you. We need to have far less confidence in what man CAN DO and far more confidence in what God CAN DO for every believing soul. He longs to have you reach after Him by faith. He longs to have you expect great things from Him. He longs to give you understanding in temporal as well as in spiritual matters. He can sharpen the intellect. He can give tact and skill. Put your talents into the work, ask God for wisdom, and it will be given you.” (146)
“YES CAN DO”
Pioneer’s Preschool Pray & Play group provides families who are welcoming new children into their homes (by birth, adoption, foster care, etc.) with meals. You don't need to cook to help out! We're in need of people who can:
- make and deliver meals
- order take-out and deliver it
- help us identify families who are expecting new children
As we get more volunteers, we're hoping to expand this ministry to help families identify the many rich resources available to them at Pioneer and in our community. We want to be the hands of Jesus to new parents and their kids in as families grow.
To volunteer text MOMMEALS to 269-281-2345 or register at https://churchteams.com/m/Register.asp?a=SUpHc1V4UkVra2M9
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pioneer will resume our member fellowship dinners in the PMC Commons Sabbath, May 21, at 1:15 PM. Invited members will receive an email invitation. If you did not receive an invitation, but would like to join, you are more than welcome. Just bring a dish to share and join the fellowship.
If you enjoy praying for others, you’re invited to join one of our prayer teams which meet in person at the church during either the first or second service. Teams will rotate on a scheduled basis. A monitor in the prayer room allows the teams to listen to
the congregational prayer and the sermon. For more information, text PRAY to 269-281-2345.
Summer is almost here, and with it comes a great opportunity to lead a Grow Group! The summer session is a fantastic time to take advantage of the best weather Michigan has to offer by leading outdoor activity groups, or taking any type of group outside for some fresh air and sunshine!
Grow Groups are Pioneer’s small groups, led by individuals who are committed to discipleship, mentorship, & the 5 S’s: Shared interest, Spiritual touchpoint, Service project, Social event, Semester-based. Grow Groups are for EVERYONE—church members and nonmembers, locals and non-locals alike are welcome to join.
We are in need for additional volunteers for Pioneer's Traffic Ministry. The weather outside is getting warmer and this would be a great opportunity for you to show your kindness, caring, and smiles to everyone who enters our church doors for Sabbath worship. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Darryl at email@example.com or text 732-379-1300. Thank you.
Pioneer Women’s Ministries is hosting a ladies’ Springtime Luncheon
Speaker: Esther Knott
Topic: Daily Time with Jesus
May 22, 2022 at 10:00 AM
Pioneer Memorial Church Commons
The first 40 women who register will be able to choose a New Testament
journal for one of the books of the NT.
For gluten-free option email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To register text PWMLUNCH to 269-281-2345
Registration is required! Registration Deadline: May 18, 2022
Ministry and Grow Group Leaders: We are here to help you create appealing materials both digital and in print in order to familiarize people with your ministry or upcoming event. Because we support many ministries, kindly provide us with at least 10 design days from the time we receive your project details to completion. Additional time may be needed for printing and shipping when applicable. Submit your project online today at pmchurch.org/design/submit. -Pioneer Media Ministry
John Ortberg's 6-part series “All the Places to Go...How Will You Know" will help us identify open and closed doors and real opportunities. Dates and Sessions include:
- May 7 - Part 2 - "Door #1 or Door #2?: How Do I Decide Which Door to Walk Through?"
- May 14 - Part 3 - "How to Cross a Threshold: Practicing Discernment"
- May 21 - Part 4 - "The Doors We Open for Others: Seizing the Opportunity to Bless Others"
- May 28 - Part 5 - "The Jonah Complex: The Things That Hold Us Back"
- June 4 - Part 6 - "Thank God for Closed Doors: Why God Leaves Some Doors Closed"
Pioneer Room 141
10:30-11:30 Sabbath Mornings