To purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD OnlineBuy series
Dwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock”
»Invitation #1—Jesus’ invitation.
• Ralph Carmichael: “The Savior is waiting to enter your heart—why don’t you let Him come in? There’s nothing in this world to keep you apart—what is your answer to Him?”
• Proverbs 23:26—”My child, give Me your .”
• John 14:23—”‘Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching. My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our with them.’”
• John 14:17—”‘The Spirit of Truth with you and will be in you.’”
• Ellen White: “That heart is the happiest that has Christ as an abiding . . . . Let us acknowledge Him as our Friend and Saviour.” (My Life Today 157)
»Invitation #2—Jesus’ invitation.
• Mark 13:26, 29 NASB: “‘Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. . . . Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the .’”
• Revelation 22:12, 20: “‘Look! I am coming !’ . . . He who testifies to these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming ‘“
• 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3): “For you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, ‘Peace and safety,’ destruction will come on them , as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not [GK: no not] escape.”
• Ellen White: “At this time the Laodicean message is to be given, to arouse a slumbering church. Let the thought of the of time stimulate you to earnest, untiring effort. Remember that Satan has come down with great power, to work with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish.” (Selected Messages 1:196)
»Invitation #3—Jesus’ invitation.
• Jesus isn’t even the church—He’s standing on the !
• Ellen White: “The Holy Spirit waits to soften and subdue hearts; but they are not willing to open the door and let the Saviour in, for fear that He will require something of them. And so Jesus of Nazareth passes by. He longs to bestow on them the rich blessings of His grace, but they refuse to accept them. What a terrible thing it is to exclude Christ from His own temple! What a to the church!” (Testimonies to the Church 6:262)
• Song of Solomon: “[She speaks] I slept but my heart was awake. Listen! My lover is knocking: ‘[He speaks] Open to me, my sister, my darling, my dove, my flawless one. My head is drenched with dew, my hair with the dampness of the night.’ [She] I have taken off my robe—must I put it on again? I have washed my feet—must I soil them again? My lover thrust his hand through the latch-opening; my heart began to pound for him. I arose to open for my lover . . .” (Song of Solomon 5:2-5).
• Sigve Tonstad: “. . . to this thoroughly unlikeable community, Jesus propositions a privilege so amazing that I don’t dare repeat it (3:20-21).”
"Come in, Jesus"
Rainbow Over Pioneer
Steven Atkins, Biology & Earth Science Teacher at Andrews Academy snapped this shot of a rainbow during a rainstorm on September 21. Steven says, "here at Pioneer we worship together and learn of so many spiritual treasures God wants to share with us." In turn he wanted to share the reminder of God's promise to us.
We grieve the death of Stephen Tarangle, who passed away on September 20, 2021. We pray for his wife, Esther, and his daughters Alana and Stephanie. A private graveside service for intimate, close family only, will be conducted on Monday, September 27. The date for a memorial service will be announced later.
Resuming Seminary Sabbath School Class
The Seminary Sabbath School class taught by Ranko Stefanovic, Jiri Moskala, Denis Fortin, and Jacques Doukhan will resume on October 2. We appreciate your help in spreading this information to other class members and hope to see you there.
ABC Sale Items
Offering for September 25, 2021
Michigan Advance Partners – Camp Au Sable
The funds given through Michigan Advance Partners or MAP are used all over the Michigan Conference in a variety of ways. One area of God's work here in the Michigan Conference, which receives a portion of every MAP dollar given, is beautiful Camp Au Sable.
Camp Au Sable is the Michigan conference youth camp located in Grayling, Michigan. Camp Au Sable has been used by God since 1948 to reach young people as well as adults. It is here on these 828.9 acres that thousands have met Jesus and have accepted Him as their personal savior. That is still the purpose of Camp Au Sable today.
Camp Au Sable operates as a summer camp for youth ages 8-18, where Jesus can be seen in activities such as horseback riding, swimming, nature study and much more. It is also a summer camping destination for entire families. During the remainder of the year Camp Au Sable is used for many church and school retreats as well as numerous conference events.
Part of the funding for this extensive evangelistic outreach is from your faithful, systematic gifts to Michigan Advance Partners. By returning a faithful tithe, giving 1% of your income to MAP, and giving to all aspects of God's work, God is able to multiply our meager offerings many times over and above what we could ever imagine.
God has blessed us with the opportunity to reach out to thousands of His people through the programs and facilities of Camp Au Sable. Your offerings today will continue to move God's work forward in this part of His vineyard and beyond. Thank you for your faithfulness and support of MAP here in the Michigan Conference.
—North American Division Stewardship Ministries
Volunteers Needed for Upcoming Fellowship Dinners
Volunteers are needed by the Fellowship Dinner teams to assist with the preparation and service of the fellowship dinners which we hope to be able to resume soon. Teams serve about three times a year, so the time commitment is minimal, but your help is invaluable. Please let us know you if can help by emailing Ben Chilson at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be assigned to a team that fits your schedule.
Adventurers & Pathfinder Registration Open
Our Pathfinder and Adventurer Clubs are back in session this fall. Join below:
Pathfinders text "PMCEP" to 269-281-2345 or join online.
The Darkness Will Not Overcome, with Pastor Richie Halversen, is an 8-part series that will inspire, equip, and empower you to live your best life possible. In every presentation you will learn practical ways we can experience healing, hope, and change. Whatever your "darkness" is—an addiction, a mental health struggle, dysfunction, past trauma, broken relationships, or lack of direction—the Darkness Will Not Overcome! Beginning Friday, October 1.
Pioneer Women's Ministries is hosting a ladies' Sabbath Delight Summit with guest speakers Jo Ann Davidson and Yolande Robertson. We will be sharing some practical ideas on how we can celebrate the Sabbath using all five senses, especially as we open and close the Sabbath. You are invited to explore with us how to celebrate using all the senses in delighting in this wonderful gift from God, and experience the rest and healing God is promising to us.
Friday check-in begins at 6:00 PM with the meeting following after. Programming resumes 3:00 - 8:00 PM on Saturday. For gluten-free options email email@example.com. Registration is required for meals, gifts, and supplies. Text DELIGHT to (269) 281-2345 or register online before October 20.
October 29-30, 2021
Andrews University Seminary Chapel
Neighbor to Neighbor (our local Adventist Community Services center) is currently looking for volunteers for their "Helping Hand Team". To respond, please call 269-471-7411 or visit them at 9147 US 31, Berrien Springs, MI.