To purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD OnlineBuy series
Dwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
• Abigail Disney says: “Money is morally neutral”—but Jesus says: “Money is morally .”
• 1 Timothy 6:9-10—“Those who to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.”
• Luke 6:37-38
• The Message: “Give away your life; you’ll find life given back, but not merely given back—given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. begets .”
• Generosity—God’s big deal:
• Psalm 37:26—“The righteous are always and lend freely. Their children will be a blessing.”
• Proverbs 11:25—“A person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.”
• Proverbs 19:17—“Whoever is to the poor lends to the LORD, and He will repay them for their deed.”
• 2 Corinthians 9:6, 11—“Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows will also reap generously. . . . You will be enriched in every way so you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your will result in thanksgiving to God.”
• 2 Corinthians 8:2—“In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich .”
• 2 Corinthians 9:15—“Thanks be to God for His indescribable .”
• The email
• Desire of Ages: “[At the cross] His love for the sinner is stronger than death. . . He will spare nothing, however dear. . . . Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The treasury of heaven is open to those He seeks to save.” (57)
"Generosity begets generosity"
Join Pioneer’s Prayer Team - UPDATE
If you enjoy praying for others, join one of our Prayer Teams which meet in person at the church during the first and second church services (your choice). Teams will rotate on a scheduled basis. A monitor in the Prayer Room allows the teams to hear
the congregational prayer and the sermon. For more information, text PRAY to 269-281-2345 (text has been updated and is now working properly).
FELLOWSHIP DINNER STARTS THIS SABBATH
Members with last names between Omari and Rorabeck are specifically invited to join our fellowship dinner following second worship service this Sabbath in the Commons. Next Sabbath, May 28, members with last names between Rosen and Taber are invited. If you are not on the invited list, but would like to come, you are welcome. Just bring a dish of your favorite food to share and join in the fellowship. Visitors are always welcome, too!
The Tent 2022
The Junior High students from Ruth Murdoch Elementary School will hold The Tent meetings on Friday, May 13 through 22, 2022. Meetings take place every night, except Tuesday. We invite you to support our kids by watching and invite a friend or family member to watch too, so they can get to know Jesus better.
Pioneer’s Preschool Pray & Play group provides families who are welcoming new children into their homes (by birth, adoption, foster care, etc.) with meals. You don't need to cook to help out! We're in need of people who can:
make and deliver meals
order take-out and deliver it
help us identify families who are expecting new children
As we get more volunteers, we're hoping to expand this ministry to help families identify the many rich resources available to them at Pioneer and in our community. We want to be the hands of Jesus to new parents and their kids in as families grow.
We are in need for additional volunteers for Pioneer's Traffic Ministry. The weather outside is getting warmer and this would be a great opportunity for you to show your kindness, caring, and smiles to everyone who enters our church doors for Sabbath worship. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Darryl at email@example.com or text 732-379-1300. Thank you.
Ladies' Spring Time Luncheon
Pioneer Women’s Ministries is hosting a ladies’ Springtime Luncheon
Speaker: Esther Knott
Topic: Daily Time with Jesus
May 22, 2022 at 10:00 AM
Pioneer Memorial Church Commons
The first 40 women who register will be able to choose a New Testament
journal for one of the books of the NT.
For gluten-free option email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To register text PWMLUNCH to 269-281-2345
Registration is required! Registration Deadline: May 18, 2022
Ministry Design Project Submission
Ministry and Grow Group Leaders: We are here to help you create appealing materials both digital and in print in order to familiarize people with your ministry or upcoming event. Because we support many ministries, kindly provide us with at least 10 design days from the time we receive your project details to completion. Additional time may be needed for printing and shipping when applicable. Submit your project online today at pmchurch.org/design/submit. -Pioneer Media Ministry
Something in Common
John Ortberg's 6-part series “All the Places to Go...How Will You Know" will help us identify open and closed doors and real opportunities. Dates and Sessions include:
May 7 - Part 2 - "Door #1 or Door #2?: How Do I Decide Which Door to Walk Through?"
May 14 - Part 3 - "How to Cross a Threshold: Practicing Discernment"
May 21 - Part 4 - "The Doors We Open for Others: Seizing the Opportunity to Bless Others"
May 28 - Part 5 - "The Jonah Complex: The Things That Hold Us Back"
June 4 - Part 6 - "Thank God for Closed Doors: Why God Leaves Some Doors Closed"